A Complete FAQ Guide On CBD For Dogs





There are no bounds to dog-love and also to the love that our pooches show us, right? We feel the urge to do everything we can to protect our canines from everything external threat including aging. I recently lost one of my dogs to old age and the other one is reaching her ripe age. But thankfully, I found one thing that I didn’t have when Max was facing old-age issues such as arthritis, lost vision, etc., and that’s  CBD.

Yes, I bought CBD oil from a supplier for Daisy and it’s doing wonders for her. However, what bugged me was the inability to comprehend with the entire CBD thing of other pet parents. In spite of the booming network of CBD oil products, the stigma surrounding it has not yet defeated by the citizens. There’s so much that can be done with our dog’s health with the use of CBD but the reluctance to use it saddens me. This is the prime reason for sharing this piece where I discuss the basic things about CBD for dogs. Let’s get started!

What Is CBD?

CBD is a compound precisely known as a cannabinoid which is derived from hemp. Hemp is an industrially grown plant and is a variety of the cannabis species. The cannabinoid CBD is found in abundance in hemp and because its non-psychedelic properties, it is being considered safe for dogs unlike THC, the psychotic cannabinoid.

Is It Safe To Give CBD To Dogs?

We have vets precisely for all these confirmations, right? Before I started Daisy on CBD, I consulted my vet for dosage and whether I should even consider it. He explained it to me that THC, the prominent ingredient of marijuana is what you should keep the pooch away from. He was not much clear about CBD’s use either because they are not allowed to recommend CBD but he definitely pointed some research on CBD for dogs. Besides, many other pet owners including me found CBD a perfect addition to the doggo’s life.

For Which Conditions Can You Use CBD For Dogs?

Belonging to the same classification of beings, the internal system of the dogs is similar to ours. And people are using CBD for sleeplessness, loss of appetite, pain, nausea, epilepsy, inflammation, etc. Although there are not enough studies published to back CBD use on dogs, the few that are out are the positive ones.

What’s The Best Way To Give CBD To Dogs?

CBD is available in many forms, even for dogs. The usual and the most common method is to add CBD oil in food but CBD edibles for dogs are equally popular now. The brand I use is King Kalm CBD for pets that I order from All Natural Way and it has given me satisfactory results. I have not tried the edibles yet as that CBD supplier doesn’t offer and more than that, Daisy and I are comfortable with the current product.

What Will Your Vet Say About This?

According to the Federal laws, no doctor or vet can actually recommend CBD to anyone, even dogs. So they wouldn’t suggest you anything and will answer only what you ask them. So all you should do is ask about the dosage and references to the studies published on CBD for dogs. Don’t worry, they don’t enjoy this as well! It is frustrating for them as well when they are bound by laws from prescribing natural alternatives that work more effectively than the pharma.


In all, CBD is a wonderful thing for all of us and I am completely convinced of its wondrous results for my dog. Well, the efficacy depends hugely on the quality as well which made me trust only the best CBD oil supplier, All Natural Way. Their products use A-grade stalks and CO2 extraction technique which is a standard in itself of the purity of CBD.

Comments